What you will receive:
- A high fashion illustration on acid-free bristol art board painted with water-based paint. Fine details and outlines are added with Prisma colored pencils and graphite pencil, sometimes with metallic or pearlescent accents.
- Fashion illustrations have longer body proportions and exaggerated poses to help show the garment. Please note that this is not meant to be an exact portrait of the bride, but the bride's hair color and style, as well as accessories, will personalize the look. Illustrations depicted on a dress form can have a more classic or traditional look. Please see my portfolio page for images showing my design style for your reference.
- Illustrations come beautifully packaged. The sketch is placed in a clear sleeve and then presented in a box ready for gift-giving or short term storage. A lovely white ribbon finishes the look. This is then carefully packed in another heavy duty cardboard shipping box.
- Giving an illustration as a gift? Gift enclosure cards can be included with your order on request (see photo below) or you may order a gift certificate!
What I will need:
- Photos of the dress...these could be internet photos, personal photos or scanned magazine photos. I ask they that be the highest resolution when possible. Please be sure they show the details you are most interested in featuring, such as the lace pattern, the draping, etc, and mention those areas of interest in your order.- Please let me know what view(s) you are ordering such as: Front only, Back only, or Front and Back.
- Please advise if you would like to include an accessory, like a bouquet, handbag or pair of shoes. Jewelry and hair accessories as well as two additional accessories are already included in the cost.
- Please advise the style of illustration you are selecting... on a dress form or on a figure. Please see my portfolio for reference.
-Gift certificates are available on request for the cost of the desired sketch style selected above. - If this is a gift certificate, the name of the the recipient and the address where you would like it mailed.
Cost and shipping information
-Bridal sketches (dress only) on a dress form for (1) view are $150 on 9x12 white bristol board ~or~ $200 on 9x12 watercolor paper with a hand painted background color (such as grey). Sketches including front and back view are $200 on white and $225 on water colored paper.
-There is an additional $25 charge if you want to include a bouquet and/or shoes.
-Bridal sketches on the figure are on 11x14 white bristol board. These are $150 for front view only and $200 for front and back view.
-USPS shipping and handling as follows: USA= $10. Canada= $15. Europe and Australia= $22.
-If this is a rush order, additional shipping charges may apply
Once payment and photos are received, sketches will be completed within 3 – 5 weeks depending on my current workload. Be sure to allow yourself sufficient time if purchasing as a gift, especially if being shipped overseas. Please email me with any special requests such as different size artwork, combined bride/bridesmaid illustrations, or prom illustrations. I'm also able to take your custom illustration and create beautiful cards that can be used for showers, weddings or thank you cards. Commissioned work is also possible, just email me your request, I'm sure I can find a way to accommodate you!